30 July 2012

Cold Turkey

Got the official word from the doc: No more freaking blood clot in my leg. Woo Hoo! I do have a Baker's Cyst in my knee and still need to wear a compression sock on occasion, but I'll manage because of the following:

Things I Can Do Now That I'm Off Blood Thinners:

1. Breathe easy since I'm at less risk of massive bleeding if I "Fall Down Go Boom."
2. Take Advil.
3. Eat broccoli and spinach with impunity.
4. Drink alcohol and cranberry juice with similar impunity.
5. Ride my bike with... oh never mind, I've been doing that all along. :)
6. Take multivitamins again (including the stuff the eye doctor told me years ago I NEED to take)
7. Scratch out the "On Warfarin" line on my Road ID (or burn it and get a new one, it's kinda stinky)

I'll let you know when I come up with 8 through 10.

No comments: